Parastatal Organizations websites
The constitution of Botswana does ensure there is free press and free speech.
All media houses in Botswana have enjoyed these freedoms and played a major role in shaping the state of democracy in Botswana.
◦ Mmegi wa Dikgang: – which means ‘The Reporter’, is predominantly published in English but always has has an insert or some few articles published in Setswana. Established in 1984 Mmegi was originally circulated on Fridays only, but is now published daily making it the only independent newspaper to do so.
◦ Botswana Guardian:- this is a major newspaper that is circulated on Fridays.
◦ Botswana Gazette:- has established itself as the leading mid-week newspaper in Botswana.
◦ The Sun Botswana:- circulated mid-week, is a sister newspaper to the Botswana Guardian.
◦ Botswana Daily News:- produced by the Botswana Press Agency on behalf of the government is circulated freely to the public. It is printed in both English and Setswana.