WHAT DO I NEED WHEN APPLYING FOR THE PASSPORT?
For persons aged 16 years and above you are required to bring:
- Valid Original identity card/ Omang
- Certified copy of identity card/ Omang
- If your parents are still alive, their Particulars are needed (e.g names and surnames, their Omang numbers, place of birth and/or nationality)
- Citizenship/ Naturalization Certificates of parents’ and/ or owner if parents were once foreign nationals (seek clarity from passport and citizenship officers)
- Previously held passport
For children under 16 years of age you are required to bring:
- Original birth certificate and certified copy of birth certificate Children born outside the country should bring birth certificate/ registration card of their country of birth and certified copies
- Parent’s/guardian original Omang or letter from the District Commissioner, Chief or Social Worker for proof of guardianship
- Citizenship/ Naturalisation Certificates of parents and/or owner if parents were once foreign nationals or registration certificate (seek clarity from passport and citizenship officers)
- Bring the child along when applying for their passport.
NB: For children with dual citizenship Botswana passport is valid until the child turns 21 years of age, after which the other citizenship is renounced.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PASSPORT COST?
- Application fee for passport is P260
- Electronic Emergency Traveling Document (E-ETD) is P12.00. The Electronic Emergency Travel Document (E-ETD) will be issued in cases of emergency. (Valid National Identity Card/ Omang is required)
NB: The Botswana Mission is only able to process applications under normal service as well as Emergency Travelling Document.
PLACES TO APPLY FOR THE E-PASSPORT
For Batswana living abroad, passport applications can be made at the Embassy nearest to them.
NB: Surrender the old /soiled passport for replacement. The applicant or parent/ guardian completes application forms and/ collects the passport if the child is under 16 years of age.